- 4 tablespoons Bacon fat
- 5 large onions; coarsely chopped
- 2 large green peppers; chopped
- 3 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Hungarian Paprika
- 3 pounds Stewing beef
- Salt and Pepper; to taste
- 6 ounces Tomato paste
- 1 dollop Sour cream; at room temp.
Preheat oven to 325 f. Heat fat in a deep heavy pot. Cook the onions, peppers, and garlic until the onions are limp and transparent. Add paprika has lost its raw taste.
Add beef and remaining ingredients except sour cream. Stir well to combine.
Simmer in preheated oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the meat is tender. Adjust oven temperature during cooking time so contents of pot remain at a simmer. Serve in shallow soup bowls with a tablespoon of sour cream atop each serving. The beef goulash recipe is ready to serve....enjoy !